Hosts Omaha Sternberg and Rob Benson talk about the hardware announced at the October Apple Event and the Steam Black Screen of Doom. Plus, much more!
What’s inside this episode:
- Host Omaha Sternberg and co-host Rob Benson talk about the week’s news in Mac and iOS gaming. First, this week’s Apple Event. Tim Cook waxed on about how great the Apple Retail stores are. No really, he did. Oh, and Phil was allowed to show off new hardware, too. Omaha and Rob talk about whether the new 13 inch Macbook Pro is worth buying to game with, if the 2012 iMac will be this year’s Apple gaming machine, and what impact the new iPad Mini and surprise 4th gen iPad announcement will have on the mobile gaming market. Also, they speculate about the next major iPad announcement…the iPad Pro. Key phrase of the day: “A little bit of Steve Jobs in every one.”
- Valve made every Mac gamer’s life by bringing Steam to the Mac. But what good does it do if you can’t ever see anything? Omaha brings up the Steam Black Screen of Doom. Much talked about on forums, and yet nothing seems to be done about it yet. Valve, you listening?
- GOG.com brought their platform to the Mac this month. Now you too can buy Mac versions of The Witcher 2 and Populus from the same site!
- Plus, much more than you every thought possible!
- Digital Droo produced our theme music here at iGame Radio.