The winners of the 2011 IndieCade awards have been announced. Of the thirty-six finalists, thirteen have received jury awards in categories such as game design, interaction, audio, and the Grand Jury award.
IndieCade 2011 featured games of almost every genre and platform by independent game makers from more than a dozen different countries, including Australia, Canada, Denmark, Hong Kong, South Africa, the Ukraine, and the United States. The festival weekend included speaker sessions, gaming, an awards ceremony, and the Gamewalk/Festival Arcade.
The games and developers receiving awards this year are:
- Grand Jury Award: FEZ; Polytron Corporation.
- LG Mobile Innovative Game Award: Hungry Hungry UFOs; Asher Vollmer, Sam Farmer and Ben Bharier.
- Visuals, sponsored by Nvidia: Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP; Superbrothers, Capybara Games, Jim Guthrie
- Audio: Proteus; Ed Key
- Impact, sponsored by G4: Johann Sebastian Joust; Douglas Wilson and Friends
- Interaction: Ordnungswissenschaft; Till Wittwer, Marek Plichta and Jakob Penca
- Game Design: Deepak Fights Robots; Tom Sennett
- Technology, sponsored by Transgaming: Johann Sebastian Joust; Douglas Wilson and Friends
- Story/ World Design, sponsored by BBC Worldwide: FEZ; Polytron Corp.
- Special Recognition: The Swapper; Facepalm Games
- The Trailblazers Award: Megan Gaiser
- Developers Choice Award: Way; Coco & Co (Carnegie Mellon)
- Audience Choice Award: The Depths to Which I Sink; Bigpants
Congratulations to the winners!